Monday, April 9, 2007

(crs) Slap me in the goddamn mouth!

I can't believe I'm posting about this today! Jesus Lord help me!
Walk with me, if you will, back to a time before Chris had network cable. Occasionally in High School I would catch an episode of Real World while hanging out at someone else's house, but if I wanted any sort of trashy and vaguely sexually explicit television, I had to settle for Jack of All Trades (hello Bruce Campbell!). Then, I went to check out colleges in California and stayed with some family friends, who put me up for a few nights in a room that had its own TV with cable.
Clearly I immediately tuned in to MTV. What did I find?




A night long marathon of Undressed.


Fuck me, it is the absolute best show I've ever seen in my life. It features a rotating cast of gorgeous twenty-somethings pretending to be high schoolers and college kids who address important issues such as upping one's sperm count, elective circumcisions, and whether blow jobs count as losing your virginity. Of course there are also the "I'm a nerdy girl and I'm sleeping with the football jock" dramas, but as I'm typing to you there's a shirtless hottie propped up on his shoulders with his tuchus in the air practicing keggle exercises.

















That's right - they're re-syndicating the show.

Thank you MTV! The curious and fatuous seventeen year old inside me is singing your praises. Undressed - the acting is always abysmal, but the actors are hot and the plot lines are both absurd and comfortingly predictable.

Really - thank you MTV!




-Chris

No comments: