Friday, April 6, 2007

(mau) The swedes (and one Dane) are taking over...and I like it

My bee buddies are kindly informing moi that I have to stick to the blog. But you know, it's kind of hard to do that when your comp has a mind of its own. My computer hasn't been letting me in on the goods and tonight it finally decided to let me into its nether regions. About time, I say! I have been waiting for this moment foawhile.
I discovered Goodiepal from my boyfriend. Now that may sound like the Danish Karma Sutra to you, honey combers, but it is not. I have no secrets to tell you about that, but I would ask boozy bee if I were you. No, Goodiepal is this Danish wizard, who was once a pig farmer only to become a nurse helping old biddies to their respectable recliner recepticals. His real name is Kristian Vester, but I prefer Goodiepal. He still performs and produces music but is a recluse none the less. He looks like a friar that has had one too many mushrooms trips. He's kooky, he's zany, he may even come to your next birthday party. Goodiepal takes folk music and turns it into a mechanical mistress of the forest. He invents games and machines :everything from a mechanical bird to a game that is played with what looks like 3D copies of the solar system ( he hums and grunts and rings a bell). So strange but really fun to watch! But be warned! you have go through twenty minutes of danish dialogue without having a clue of what's going on to get to the actual mechanical bird and planet camraderie. Ready, steady, Goodiepal!

And now on to the swedes! I love how the swedes and the australians are taking over...it doesn't bother me one bit that have more style then some of our american counterparts. Maybe we can learn something from them, if we are lucky.
Peter, Bjorn, and John are going to be at Coachella this year and I'm so excited. Start salivating or pollinating. If some of you are lucky to be there with me, we should get together and go out of our minds with crazy music and ahem! crazy chemicals. I found this vid and thought it was cute. To see Young Folks animated is really sweet. Hope you enjoy and homage to the monkees.



-Maruski, not to be confused with Helsinki

No comments: