Wednesday, April 25, 2007

(mau) Death Valley Here I Come!

Coachella is here my friends! And this lucky bee will be joining the swarms to infest california's finest polo grounds. Now I know what you're thinking: Susan Bee is going to get so fried from the pot brownies and the karaoke bar's overpriced concoctions that she won't remember the good times. To which I will reply, you don't know me and you don't know Coachella. This ain't your mama's crazy cootch of a Woodstock nor is it the faboulously domesticated heifer of a Bonnaroo.
My fellow buzz brothers could and probably would go all out, however, I prefer to be mildly sober while I engage my senses to a musical feast. I will be your eyes, ears, and wings as I scope the lobe of Coachella's fine and sexy brain. Coachella starts for this little pollinator at 3:00am tomorrow's today and will end Monday night when I return to this boring desert I've learned to resent so much. I've been in the hive too long and now it's time to take a holiday in scorching heat. Mmmm....sounds nice. So cross your antannae and hope that I didn't forget to bring anything important like sunblock or beer.


This is a year is a year among years: GIRLTALK, Manu Chao, the reformation of RATM (for pure nostalgic purposes Marcelo, I know that you've got your powdered nose upturned right now), Jesus and Mary Chain, Grizzly Bear, Roky Erikson, and lord knows I am no fool, look for yourselves, I'm not writing it out.




If some of you dear readers are going, give me a shout(some of you know what this uptown vag looks like )! But if you're not there, it's your own damn fault. You have my condolences for the moment. However, when I see those palm trees in the distance and feel the californian sun hit my vampire flesh, then all is forgotten.
This is my third trek to Indio and like all good bees out there, I wouldn't miss this for the biggest and juiciest orchid you could procure for me.

Good bye my honey producers, my sweet friends of flowers, until we meet again...
-Mauro from the Liquid Mountains

No comments: