Tuesday, February 13, 2007

(mau) Whose Prettier: Dolly or George?

After I watched Marcelo's mammal food fest I became inspired to look on the ol' youtube for some interesting action and lo' and behold, I found something even stranger. I am a fan of both Culture Club and Dolly Parton for different reasons. But I never thought to put them together, I mean one owns DollyWood and the other owns several hats. Dolly Parton is a big fan of Cheez Whiz and Georgie Boy is a big fan of narcotics. Cheez Whiz and narcotics? maybe, but that's if you're really hungry and you're trying to impress your stoner roomates with a strong gullet. I have eaten cheez whiz with white bread, but that was when I was a teenage pot-head and I just didn't know any better. The song they sing to each other is different for both of them; it's a mix of pop reggae that sounds like it's been lost in Tammy Faye Bakker's eyelashes and it fell out onto a speaker. This is what her eyelashes sound like! I kid you not. Ol' Georgie here is obviously trying to impress one of the first ladies of Nashville with his earrings and his penchant for raver hats. His makeup is competing with hers, but one things for sure: You can't fuck with the Dolly...but you can sing with her. She looks at ease singing with another Queen. The song is truly terrible, but those two do the best they can to make it work.
I would have liked to hear something like "Jolene" or "Church of the poisened mind", even "Do you really want to hurt me" because then they would be competing for vocal chops (which would have been great fun to watch). This song is nothing new for BG but it's nothing I've ever heard from DP. So, kudos to Dolly, for stepping out of her comfortable realm of Kenny Roger's Roasters. And kudos to Boy George, who chose wisely with his musical partner. Now all we need to hear is remix by GirlTalk and then I would be very happy indeed.



-When in doubt, Dolly shows the way
See you on the other side of the mattress!
-Mauro

No comments: