Tuesday, February 6, 2007

(mar) Tunes by which to defend Etheria.

That's right, a band named after the vitreous manor of She-Ra is penetrating the underground electronica scene, and for that matter, my heart. I know what you're thinking -- all the bloggin' blogs that blog have blogged about Crystal Castles. But you know what? I don't give a shit, and shut the fuck up.



I love the sounds coming out of these two Toronto-ian hipsters. When those first fateful notes graced my ears, I was immediately whisked away to a magical 8-bit faxanadu (which was a really fucking hard NES game, btw) of turtle shells and Mega-Men on wings of digital poesy. Some tracks are more suited for the dance floor, some more suited for meditative nostalgia, and yet others are more suited for tortured industrial mind-blasting. Whatever the case, I want MORE! Check out the link on the side panel under "Marcy's: What's the poop?" for a hot track, or give this one a whirl: Crystal Castles - She Fell Out. And who else can't wait to get their hands on that T-shirt? Mama likes.

Peace,

- Marcelo

No comments: